Week One - Day Three. Blood Pressure

I went to the doctor today and had my blood pressure checked, i also had my cholesterol checked and other vital blood components. The blood pressure was normal which was good to hear. It was also a good indication of what i can achieve. Basically the sky is the limit - i can push myself as hard as i want to.



The other thing i found interesting today is that a study has come out showing that fat has addicitive properties. In a way this is scary but also essential for people like myself to be aware of. So serious are the outcomes of the study that fat consumption is likened to the same pathways that make us addicted to heroin or cocaine.




It makes sense that there is a period of withdrawl from removing fatty foods from the diet and also that we tend to revert to eating high fat foods when stressed or worried. I know i tend to reach for something fatty when im feeling emotional. I mean I've never heard anyone say, "im so depressed, i'm going to lay on the couch and devour a salad". Unlikely, as nice as it would be.

As i said in the beginning post, this is a journey which contains all the elements of the self. The psychological, physicological and emotional need to be in balance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment